This is my version of Fish Molly. I used Mrs. K . M Mathew’s Fish Molee Recipe for the most part of the cooking. Some websites suggested frying the fish for a bit, so that it wont break in the curry. Anyways, it came out well 🙂
1. 1/2 kg fish fillets, cut into pieces (I used Tilapia Fillets)
2. 2 cup refined vegetable oil
3. 1 cup onion, sliced
4. 1 tsp garlic, crushed
5. 1 tsp ginger, crushed
6. 6 green chillies, half slit
7. 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
8. A few curry leaves
9. 2 cups thin coconut milk
10. Salt to taste
11. 1 big tomato, cut into four (I cubed it)
12. 1 cup thick coconut milk
1. Clean fish well in salted water ( I used vinegar).
2. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, peppercorns and curry leaves.
3. Add thin coconut milk and stir to a simmering point. Add fish pieces and salt. Cook the fish over low heat with the lid on until the gravy thickens.
4. Stir in tomato and thick coconut milk. Continue to cook over low heat for a few minutes, taking care to see that the curry does not curdle.
5. Remove from heat and serve hot.