This is my version of Fish Molly. I used Mrs. K . M Mathew’s Recipe for the most part of the cooking. Some websites suggested frying the fish for a bit, so that it wont break in the curry. Anyways, it came out well 🙂
- 1/2 kg fish fillets, cut into pieces (I used Tilapia Fillets)
- 2 cup refined vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 6 green chillies, half slit
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
- A few curry leaves
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 big tomato, cut into four (I cubed it)
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Clean fish well in salted water ( I used vinegar).
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, peppercorns and curry leaves.
- Add thin coconut milk and stir to a simmering point. Add fish pieces and salt. Cook the fish over low heat with the lid on until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in tomato and thick coconut milk. Continue to cook over low heat for a few minutes, taking care to see that the curry does not curdle.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.